Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Compagnie de Transports au Maroc (CTM) : Is It Reliable ?


*

Compagnie de Transports au Maroc (CTM)
Km 13.5 Autoroute de Casa-Rabat
Sidi Bernoussi
Casablanca
Morocco
Tel: 212/022/75 36 58


Dear Sir/Madam,

On April 20th 2009, I travelled from Marrakech to Casablanca by a CTM bus. According to the usual CTM procedure, my luggage was registered before departure (12:30) and this took place at the new station in Marrakech.
Once we arrived in Casablanca the officer promptly delivered the luggage which however was open. I checked inside and noticed that some items had been stolen.
Immediately I applied to the Casablanca CTM Station Chief and, as the latter requested, filled the "Fiche Reclamation" which you find attached.
The Chief and other officers ensured that investigations would have been carried out and, within three days, I would have got a response.

Unfortunately I got no response so far. By the way the investigations should not have been so difficult considered that:

1) I registered and delivered the luggage in Marrakech where only two men were in charge.
2) Nobody may have touched the luggage after those two men as the bus stopped nowhere along the way.
3) I personally saw the luggage getting out of the bus in Casablanca.
4) As the Chief Officer informed me, security cameras provide surveillance in the whole registration luggage area.

By this letter I am urging you to reply promptly informing me about the status of your investigations.
Please, either you find the stolen items or you reimburse me adequately.

It seems odd (and disturbing) that the major Morocco bus company cannot guarantee safe baggage transportation all the more in view of the fact that passangers have to pay an extra ticket in order to register the baggage.

Looking forward to getting news from you

Best regards

Marco Zoli

No comments: